Thursday, June 12, 2008

12/6 Discussion Questions

1)Before I start standing in front of my desk, I will do something which is totally not related to the topic I am going to write. That's make my mind relax a little bit before it start working really hard. After that I will start writing and will not do anything else until I finish my main idea of my writing. When the body is finished, I will take a break. Then, I will go back to my paper and start sharping it. I found it really useful to found out mistakes in my paper.

2)I am a person who do not like to take risk. So, for most of the time, I don't like to knock down the bearing wall. However, when my own opinion is extremely strong in my mind, I will start put away those bearing wall. I think most of the bearing wall is created by social constructions. As a person who is not a protestant, social construction means a lot to them and it is not easy to have different of views against the common ideas in their mind.

3)Some of the thing she use in the metaphors is easy to let the reader gets what she is going to say.For example, she used the way of founding a honey tree to compare to finding the idea of your writing.However, I only those metaphors which I can get the physical image in my mind can involve me into her idea. When she talks about the comparison of writing life and others life, I feel the end of her idea is unclear to me.

4)Honestly, I do not like "mystical" in my writing. I like to explain things or express my idea in a solid way. I will point out what is my idea first and explain it below. Bringing up questions that people will ask according to my essay. That is because I am more likely to express to my own idea other than attracting people to follow my words. Writing to me is a expression of one's self. The style of writing is actually reflecting the personality of the writer, in my opinion.

5)The mystical part of her description to writing is some how a little bit entertaining to me. Although it seems slightly against my idea in the answer of 4), the metaphors helps her to explain the WRITING in a more efficient way. Also, it is part of her style too.

No comments: