Thursday, July 10, 2008

Improvement

In The Craft of Research, the authors suggested to set up a relationship between you and the readers. I always consider there is only a role in a essay - the promoter and the receiver. When I am the writer, everything I do is to attract and persuade my readers. however, in the book, the authors told us that the role of the writer can be separate into half. Half of the role is to stand to the side of the readers and get their attention. The other half is to while persuading the audience, you can still develop your own ideas and express it within the discussion to the audience.
There is another thing I found out that I can improve. When giving out evidences, I usually use one evidence or one reasons to one problem. According to the book, reasons and evidences can be linked in a way that they related to each other. In other words, the one reason can lead to the others and on and on. This make the essay more coherence and can help developing the ideas of ours.

P.S. On pages 161-164, I found these transition words is very useful in a research paper.

No comments: